Although I am able to bill all insurance companies, I am currently, a contracted provider for the following Insurances:
- Regency Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Deseret Mutual Benefit Administrators
- Wise Network
If Velvet Staub, LCSW is not on the provider’s panel for your insurance, submitting to the insurance for out of network services is an option. I can bill for out of network coverage and your benefits will be sent to you directly from your insurance company. Payment and copays are expected at the time of service. It is your responsibility to know your insurance payment requirements (i.e. deductibles and co-pays).
SELF-PAY: I encourage self-pay for the following reasons:
1) When an insurance company is involved my services have to shift from service-oriented to a medical-oriented state. Insurance companies require a diagnosis and treatment plan around that diagnosis.
2)Using a service-oriented approach I can help you further a process of personal development and provide long-term solutions rather than a “Band-Aid” solution as insurances may limit the amount of visits and how long visits may last (for most it is 45 minutes where you may be in need of 60 minute visits.
3) Once you are given a diagnosis, it may follow you for life, even after being resolved! This may cause complications in the future with insurance companies.
4) By not using insurance companies I am able to use a larger variety of treatment models
5) Self-pay allows me to meet the needs of the community in a more effective way.
BISHOP: If your bishop is willing to pay for your services please have him contact me prior to the first session. If I do not have authorization from him prior, you will be responsible to pay the fee.
NO SHOW/CANCELLATION POLICY: Please notify me 24 hours in advance if you will need to cancel/reschedule your appointment. If you fail to come to your appointment, or cancel 24 hours in advance, you will be charged half of the session fee. Should this expense be charged to you, you are responsible to pay out of pocket as insurances and/or other third parties will not be billed.