Velvet is a Licensed Clinical Social Worker. She provides pediatric and adult mental health – behavioral health care. She is specialized in Play Therapy, Motivational Interviewing, EMDR, and Cognitive Behavioral Therapy. Mrs. Velvet attended the University of Utah Graduate School of Social Work. She has provided therapeutic services at all levels of care including; inpatient, residential, intensive outpatient, group therapy, parenting classes and outpatient. Her broad experience includes; Salt Lake School District school social work, DCFS, Youth corrections, Primary Children’s Hospital medical social work, Highland Ridge Hospital, University of Utah Youth Empowerment Program and LDS Family Services. She and her husband are the parents of three children.
Child Play Therapist
- Grief and Loss
- Trauma – PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder)
- EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing)
- Parenting a child with disabilities
- Substance abuse treatment
- (Add ) Marriage counseling
- Mood and behavioral issues with teens including cutting
- Social skills, dealing with bullying, issues with making and keeping friends, etc
- ( changed) Teens and child mental health issues as a result of chronic health care, diabetes, TBI, accidents etc.
- Parent/child relationships, Filial play therapy, Theraplay, attachment, ect
“I see myself as a guide. I guide people where they want to go and teach them the skills they need to get the results they are looking for.” – Velvet Staub
*Think about what you can do with a donut?
You can eat it. You can squish it. You can break it into 20 pieces. You can let it dry out and paint it. You can let it melt in a cup of water. The possibilities go on and on and are only limited by your imagination.
What can you do with the empty hole in the middle of the donut? Nothing. It is just air.